Join our Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Board Member at the Men’s Therapy Centre. Our board is comprised of a dynamic group of dedicated community members who are passionate about men’s mental health, supporting survivors of trauma, and addressing gender-based violence. Our board operates on a governance level meaning the focus of our activities are public advocacy and fundraising, as well as legal, financial, and ethical oversight of MTC’s operations.
How to apply
- Submit your resume and a one page letter of intent to our Executive Director, Nick Sandor email@example.com.
Please note that we are always accepting applications for new board members, but not always actively onboarding new members. If we receive an application when we are not actively recruiting, your application will be put on file for the next onboarding cycle.
Following a review of your application you will be invited to participate in a meet and greet with our Executive Director. If your application is successful, we will invite you as a guest to 3 board meetings before formal nomination to the board is considered.
We invite people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to serve on our board. However, at the current time we are recruiting board members with the following skill set:
- Lawyers and people with a professional background working in the legal system.
- Accountants and professional experience working in finance.
- Fundraising campaign and event experience.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Attendance at our monthly board meetings held the 3rd Monday of each month from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Attendance at our AGM (Annually each September/ October).
- Joining one or two board committees: Admin and Governance; Finance; Fundraising; Community Education and Engagement; Human Resources. Committee meetings are generally held monthly. Meeting times and dates vary for each committee.
- Paying an annual membership fee of $25 (sliding scale).
- Periodic strategic planning sessions.
- Periodic evaluations of the performance of the Executive Director.
- Cultivating community connections and relationships on behalf of the agency.
- Participation in public communications and community events.
- Participation in fundraising activities.
- Consultation on special projects based on your skills and areas of expertise.