My WordPress Blog

Reporting To Police

In most situations, it is your choice whether you report to the police or not. Should you choose to do this, you can ask for more information and support from the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) or make an appointment with a Victim Service Worker at the Men’s* Therapy Center 250-381-6367. The Victim Service Worker will help you think through your options and choices.

You don’t have to decide right away about reporting to the police – you can take some time to think about what you want to do. A Victim Service Worker can support you in this process and it can be helpful to write down what you remember about what happened to you as it can be useful if you decide to report in the future.

For more information about reporting to the police click here 

There are some exceptions to your choice to report to the police. For instance, if a child is at risk or there is a public safety concern.

* man/male/boy includes cis, gay, bi-sexual, trans, non-binary, 2spirit, queer, gender fluid+